Coach Thomas Mccants
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Coach McCants is a former track and field high jump champion from the United States that ran track and field at the University of Alabama Crimson Tide from 1983 through 1985 and professionally from 1985 through 1996. Thomas is seasoned at finding ways to overcome diversity. Thomas, the ninth of 11 children, lost his mother when he was 10 years old. After spending his early years in Daytona Beach Florida, Thomas went to live with an older sister in Auburn, NY. In a difficult situation, Thomas had little guidance or encouragement to figure out how to make use of the talents he had been given. Thomas began participating in organized sports as well as began focusing on his education. Ultimately, Thomas was given a scholarship to Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica, New York where he played basketball and was also asked to come out for the track team. He jumped 7 feet 1 inches in his first year.
- Thomas was given a scholarship to attend the University of Alabama as a member of the Track and Field team. Thomas never looked back!
- While on the professional track and field circuit, Thomas was invited to train with the German National coach for 3 years. During this time, Thomas learned many of the core and foundation training techniques that led to his breaking of the American high jump record.
- Through the years, Thomas has been able to further refine and develop these training techniques.
- Throughout his athletic career, Thomas has had the goodfortune and pleasure of competing across the globe.
- Thomas amassed a number of accolades as a student and member of the Alabama Crimson Tide track-and-field team, as well as the US Track and Field Team.
- After a distinguished career with the Boys and Girls Club, Thomas has turned his focus to training championship athletes.
- He has found yet one more avenue to help instill the desire to achieve excellence and how to triumph over adversity.
- American High Jump Record Holder 7’ 9 ¼ “
- Member of the US Track-and-Field team – 1986 through 1992
- 1989 World Champion Championships
- 1989 World Indoor Championships
- 1985 NCAA Outdoor High Jump Runner-up
- 2 time NCAA All American
Coach Dave Duley
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- 39 year resident of Alpharetta, Roswell, and Milton
- Milton High School, North GA College, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- 26 years coaching experience
- City of Milton Parks and Rec Advisory Council
CERTIFIED ATHLETIC/TECHNIQUE & FITNESS SPECIALIST
Email: email@example.comNew York Jets (2001) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2002-2003) Baltimore Ravens (2004-2008) Super Bowl Champion (XXXVII)
As a native of Atlanta, Georgia and 8 years of hands-on experience in the NFL, I now take my passion and train other professional athletes, (adult & youth) performance and training camps (boot camps). I am highly motivated, personable and extremely dedicated. I have a passion – a passion to motivate. My philosophy is straight forward. I believe in being positive and developing confidence in my clients. I believe in mentoring and developing my clients to work hard, believe in themselves and achieve great things as individuals in and out of the gym. I set expectations high and love seeing my clients follow my lead to greatness! I believe in unleashing that inner athlete, to motivate, to mentor and ultimately to Take It To The Next Level. BelieveInGreatness!
Coach Carl Lawson
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgCarl Lawson has been in athletics virtually his whole life. He was born into a family of world class athletes. Carl’s father was an international Olympic Weightlifting and Bodybuilding star, participating in the Olympic Games as well placing 3rd in the Mr. Universe Bodybuilding Contest. Carl’s mother was an Olympic sprinter in Jamaica as well as Carl’s uncle and namesake running the 100m at the 1972 Olympics.
- Carl originally started his passion for sports as a Track & Field star as a young boy going on to set a national Jamaican sprint record in the 60 m as a youth.
- As a teenager, Carl’s attention was captured by football in which he received several honors, including being named as an All-Conference and All American junior college football player.
- Carl choose between football scholarships offered from Penn State, Syracuse, Nebraska, and Maryland but ultimately chose to attend Georgia Tech.
- While at Georgia Tech, Carl was a member of Georgia Tech’s National Champion Football team.
- It was also at Georgia Tech that Carl’s interest and expertise in Sports Performance enhancement was ignited, under the guidance of Legendary Strength Coach Dave Passenela (World Powerlifting Champion & World’s Strongest Man).
- Carl became educated and immersed in Performance enhancement training.
- Carl set school records at Georgia Tech for running backs with a 675 lb. squat a 470 lb. bench press and a 386 lb. power clean to go along with a 39 in vertical jump a 10 ft. 8 in broad jump and a 4.53 sec laser timed 40 yd. dash.
- Carl was named to the NSCA/NCAA All American Strength team in 1989, 1990 and 1991.
- In 1991 Carl was named NSCA athlete of the year in the NCAA.
- After football Carl continued his immersion in Strength and Conditioning as an assistant to Jim Lathrop the Director for Sports performance at GT and NSCA Coach of the year 4 times, learning and working with athletes in other sports like Track & Field, Baseball and Basketball.
- After Georgia Tech Carl continued his involvement in Health and Fitness and Sports Performance by becoming the Manager of Lee Haney’s 2 Atlanta fitness facilities.
- Working for the Legendary Lee Haney (8 x Mr. Olympia) Carl continued personal training and working with professional athletes.
Some of the athletes Carl worked with at Lee Haney’s were:
- Marco Coleman NFL Rookie of the year/All Pro DE
- Dorsey Levens NFL All Pro RB /Super Bowl Champion
- Russel Freeman NFL All Rookie team OT
- Willie Clay NFL 9 yr. veteran Safety
- Takeo Spikes NFL All Pro LB
- Duane Farell NBA Atlanta Hawks
- Frankie King Los Angeles Lakers
- Ryan Stewart NFL SS.
- Along with working with professional athletes Carl also ventured into the world of Bodybuilding and Women’s Fitness Competitions.
- Training several Champions to victory in both sports.
Some of his clients included:
- Angela Chambliss NPC Eastern Seaboard Fitness Champion
- Tashana Salmon NPC Coastal USA Figure Champion
- Tonika Taylor NPC Southern States Fitness Champion
- Dawn Rae NPC Atlanta Figure Champion
- Carla Fountain NPC Atlanta Body Building Champion
- Troy Quick NPC Eastern Seaboard Bodybuilding Champion
After training athletes in different sports Carl decided to take his knowledge of training and apply those principles and techniques into training his Son.
- Applying these principles and techniques into his son’s training has produced astounding results.
- Some of those results include Carl Jr being a 2 x time State Weightlifting Champion with a 450 lb. Bench Press a 575 lb. Squat and 340 power clean a 1.50 ten yd. dash a 4.62 40 yd. dash and 38 in vertical jump at 17 yrs. old and 260 lbs.
- This prowess in his training has resulted in Carl jr being named an All American by Parade , USA Today , US Army , Under Armor , Rivals , Athlons , Lindy’s and ESPN.
- He also set a state 6a record for QB sacks in a season with 26.
Along with working with Carl jr the last couple of years he has also trained several other Division 1 Football players including :
- Juwaan Williams QB Tucker HS (Oregon)
- Peyton Barber RB Milton HS (Auburn)
- Cory Helms OC Milton HS (Wake Forest )
- Ryan Jenkins WR Lassiter (Tennessee)
- Treyvon Palk RB Milton (Tennessee ) commit
- Greg Taboda TE Marist (Stanford)
- Myles Jack RB Marist (Boston College)
- Grey King WR Marist (Auburn)
- Ali Groves CB Stevenson (South Carolina)
- Khari Alexander DE Stevenson (Southern IL)